Health benefits of eating green onions.. Reduces obesity and cholesterol
Green onions are a type of onion, and it is a vegetable and contains many different nutrients. The green leaves of onions are edible, do not contain fat, and contribute to maintaining the general health of the human body. According to what was published by Webmd.
Health Benefits of Green Onions 1.Getting plenty of fiber helps you feel full, keeps cholesterol levels low, and may reduce your chances of developing diabetes and heart disease.
2. Helps fight cancer. Green onions may prevent the growth of cancer, especially in the stomach. The researchers noted that onions contain a compound called allicin, which is what gives you the smell of garlic, and may prevent cells from turning into cancerous tumors or slow them from spreading.
3. Prevents infections. Extracts of onions, garlic and their relatives have long been used as medicine. They can kill bacteria, fungi and viruses
4. The vegetables in the onion group are packed with phytonutrients, including chemicals called antioxidants that protect your cells from damage. The antioxidants in onions such as flavonoids and polyphenols scavenge free radicals, substances that can lead to cancer, inflammation and age-related diseases. Antioxidants lose their potency during cooking
5. Supports bone health. Eat three medium-sized green onions and get your daily dose of vitamin K. This vitamin is important for blood flow and bone health, in addition to reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
6. May Reduce Cancer Risk Green onions are part of the Allium family, along with garlic and chives. Scientists have identified some compounds in this vegetable that appear to protect against cancer. Studies show a relationship between the consumption of these vegetables and a reduced risk of myeloma, stomach, colorectal, endometrial, lung, and prostate cancers.
7. Reduces obesity The researchers found that onions contain antioxidants that are effective against obesity and related diseases such as high blood pressure and diabetes.